Cranky Farmer

Reminton to make an AR in 2008 ! - Model R-15 VTR

16 posts in this topic

An AR platform by Remington!http://www.remington.com/products/sneak_pe...el_r-15_vtr.asp

The industry leader in AR-platform rifles met the world leader in hunting firearms, and Remington Country will never be the same. Working in close conjunction, we created an unrivaled combination of precision accuracy, blazing-fast follow-ups and hunt-specific features. The new R-15 VTR modular repeating rifle was born of the most advanced design aspects of AR-15-style rifles available today with a strong emphasis on optimizing form and functionality for the modern predator aficionado. The results are astounding - with very, very fatal implications for every coyote, fox or bobcat that crosses your path.For peak accuracy, the R-15's 0.680" OD barrel sis precision-crafted from ChroMoly steel. It's free-floated within the machined-aluminum fore-end tube and given a recessed hunting crown to ensure gasses escape evenly around the bullet for the ultimate in shot-to-shot consistency. Six longitudinal flutes forward of the gas block promote rapid barrel cooling and increase rigidity while reducing weight, further contributing to this rifle's ability to print tiny clusters at an incredible pace.Model R-15 VTR™ PredatorModel R-15 VTR™ Predator CSAnd our exclusive single-stage trigger design is as clean-breaking as they come. The semi-automatic gas action all but eliminates muzzle jump and recoil so your target remains in the crosshairs. And when it's time to add optics, the receiver-length picatinny rail makes it a rock-solid cinch.Control comes natural with the ergonomic pistol grip and lightweight overall design of the R-15. Its uppers and lowers are machined from aluminum forgings for featherweight durability, and the fore-end tube is drilled and tapped for accessory rails.This new family of firearms consists of three models. Each designed with input from leading predator authorities and decked in the ultra-effective Advantage MAX-1 HD camouflage to blend with sage, open country and a multitude of hunting terrains. All come with five-round magazines and are compatible with all aftermarket AR-15/M-16 style magazines and other accessories.
r15_banner.jpg

post-29-1195071476_thumb.jpg

Looks very cool and very deadly; I wonder how it shoots? Semi's are defenetely an advantage, but there's nothing like cycling that bolt while dropping multiple coyote's.

Wow a neat looking rifle. I had an ar-15 quite a few years back. I bought it for a hog rifle around my dogs. Not much muzzle blast with that little bullet. One day my dogs were bayed in a manzanita thicket ,so i crawled in with that ar. The problem came up that the fat clip release on the side dumped the clip some 300 feet back in the brush. Well they of course had a big boar caught ,so I spated him right behind the ear with the ONLY bullet I had. No problems ,but when I got to town I traded it off for a model 94 in 25-35. Beautiful saddel ring carbine hardley shot.

the only way you COULD get it... If they shipped it without the pistol grip attached...But thats just skating around the laws...but I heard of a shop doing that....Because its not on the ban lower list...

Wow a neat looking rifle. I had an ar-15 quite a few years back. I bought it for a hog rifle around my dogs. Not much muzzle blast with that little bullet. One day my dogs were bayed in a manzanita thicket ,so i crawled in with that ar. The problem came up that the fat clip release on the side dumped the clip some 300 feet back in the brush. Well they of course had a big boar caught ,so I spated him right behind the ear with the ONLY bullet I had. No problems ,but when I got to town I traded it off for a model 94 in 25-35. Beautiful saddel ring carbine hardley shot.
That's a sad story ehd you can't ever buy a real AR in this state again!

I do miss thet little gun ,but I use that 25-35 all the time. i think value is higher on the 25 also.Iwould like to have that rem in a .243

the only way you COULD get it... If they shipped it without the pistol grip attached...But thats just skating around the laws...but I heard of a shop doing that....Because its not on the ban lower list...
Could you add a button lock or a mag lock to this and make it o.k.?