Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ehd

comparing e-calls

4 posts in this topic

Well i couldnt stand it . I loved the look of that M-1 bandit for what I am doing. So here it goes.. I have an F-x-5 and I will list what I like and dislike about it. the remote in my book is too hard to see what sound you are on. The presets are a good feature and the timer. I love the timer. Sound quality is good, the little minaska is much cleaner quality and Plenty of volume out of the little M-1. Fox pro is very easy to add your own sounds , having issues with Minaska being I run a Mac computer. I hope to work it out. Both seem very well built. I like the simplicity of the minaska remote. I have not tested the range of the remote, but if it does 100 yards that is plenty for me. I like to supliment my hand calling with an e-caller , either with my own sounds loaded or with a coaxer lightly chirping. I LOVE the small size for running and gunning type of calling. Also I think you get a lifetime supply of sounds with the Minaska for free. If I can load and move the sounds on my mac , Its going to be a hit..

I knew that you would like it Eric. When you said you were going to try one I knew it wouldn't be going back. I thought that FoxPro's remote was cool the first time I saw it but it's to hard for my eye to read and I don't care for the lag time in them. I've heard the Minaska remotes work right now like a remote should work. Plus the have nice big glow in the dark buttons. I'm sure it will become your favorite call soon. I've got a Mac too and I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

10-4. I can open the files, but they are labeled 1-99 versus bank 1,bank 2 etc.. so i wont fool around with moving or loading my stuff until I talk to there rep. The sound quality is really great. and a ton of volume for such a little call.

You can always run your Mac under Windows. I know that's not why we buy Mac but it's an option. I hear those caller do have the volume. Plus everybody says the sound quality is awesome.