Navycop

Rio Vista

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,Just wondering if anyone has fished the Delta around Rio Vista since the summertime? I used to fish there along Lindsay slough off Liberty Island road, near the bridge to Hastings Island, all the time in years past, and planning on my big comeback in about 6 months or so. I used to hit the catfish pretty hard, along with some stripers. Tried for sturgeon every now and then, but with no luck. Just like to get out there, throw out a line, drink some beers, spend some time with buddies or my dad (used to be my uncle Gary, R.I.P.), have a campfire, and just have some quality "guy time". I haven't fished there since 2001. So if anyone has a Rio Vista report, or has actually been where I used to go, please fill me in. I'll really appreciate it. I miss going there, and the times I shared with friends and family there. I've got some catching up to do.Navycop

Usually this time of year we're fishing the Sac up around Vierra's for Salmon, but there's just no fish this year. Instead, we just troll around looking for schools of Striped bass. I've done ok so far. For good info on bait fishing and/or bank fishing, check out the forums on this site. www.fishsniffer.com