Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lilwes278

Anyone hunt with a T/C?

41 posts in this topic

I went out hunting the other day. I had my Bow for deer, my 17hmr for varmits or fox and my TC410 setup for the close up fox shots. ended up with a deer in the freezer and a ground hog to use for fox bait on my next trip out! I love my TC for up close and personal stalking. I also have a 3030 barrel and 22-250 barrel all scoped.

I have an encore in .243 win. I have yet to kill anything with it, but I love shooting it. Also the looks people give you when you pull that thing out at the range is great too. I have had some people refuse to shoot it.

I have a G-2 myself with a 14" .223 and Leupold FX2. At 100 yards it is right there with my high end FN .308 in the accuracy department. It just shoots awesome and is a great time to use for sure. You are right you always get the looks and questions at the range, that is for sure. I am currently stationed outside of CA and will get that 45/.410 barrel while I can too.

Well, I can understand the desire to have the option of a fast follow-up shot, but who makes a .25-06 pistol that holds more than one round? :signs1180lq:
Who cares just get two TC pistols and your set. :signs1180lq:

I've got a encore as well, I have the .204 and .223 in the pistols and a 22-250 26 inch full contour barrel. In the light kicking pistols I use a rifle scope and it work alot better for me from the prone or sitting position, gotta love these t/cs. Mike

Who cares just get two TC pistols and your set. ;)
I have a TC 45-70 Govt that I use to turn heads at the gun club. Strictly a fun gun for me and one that requires thick leather cycling gloves to shoot. Every time I pull the trigger at the range it gets smoggy in there. :roflmao3[1]: I figure if anybody ever breaks into my home at night, I can use my shotgun on them and the TC to stop their getaway car. <g>

I have an encore pistol with 223/257Roberts/308win/454casull barrels and my buddy has 44mag/25-06 barrels. All of mine are 15" barrels and I would suggest the 257R over the 25-06. T/C told me the 25-06 barrel is the loadwst of all the ones they make and I believe it when comparing mine to my buddies. Also the 257R is one of the most effencient(sp) ones for the pistol. My 15" barrel does so close to my ruger m77 rifle that it is scary. The 308win is very good and does as well as the 30-06 in the pistol. The 454 is great in the encore.I may get a 204ruger/6.5X55 and a 500S&W barrel for mine.I had T/C drill mine for the rifle forearm also and now I can use a harris bipod on the pistol for hunting. It also looks better with the longer forearm. The cost was only $10 more. I have Leupold scopes on all but one barrel and it has a burris I got cheap that works.

I could not find a used Savage Striker or Remington XP100 so I ordered a TC Encore "Pro Hunter" model in .22-250. it is SS with a fluted bull barrel. should be fun! I will be using it for Belding ground squirrels and target shooting.

This is not a T/C but it is a varmint gun. It is a S&W 647-1 Performance Center Varminter. It is currently for sale on Calguns and I just thought you folks may find the picture of it interesting. By the way, the guy is asking $1300 as you see it. SW641-1PCVarminter.jpg

T/C Contender Super 14 in 45 Win Mag w/ Weaver Classic. Texas hog was shot behind the ear @ 12 yardsPicture022.jpgPicture019.jpg

Digging up an old post here but I have decided to get out my TC with it's 10" 22 Hornet barrel and do some ground squirrel hunting. I have had this barrel for a long time but have shot it very little. Should be a lot of fun. I recently got a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet and I have been having a blast with it so now its time to try my other hornet some.380818896_f3464e658e_o.jpg

I have that exact scope on my TC.IMGP2353.jpg

If you get Comcast check out channel 81 the versus channel. Larry Weishun aka Mr. Whitetail uses a Thompson Contender on occassion on the ground in a deer blind. I've also seen a lady in Texas in a tree stand shoot wild pig with one. The benefit of having one is you get to buy alternating barrels in different calibers for it for whatever your hunting. THe maybe negative side is that it's a single shot unless you've practiced alot with it before hand.

Did ya ever try the 25-06, I picked up a used 270 barrel for my encore pistol and it kicked like a mule. I shot it enough to get it zeroed in with the scope and decided to swap it off. I think the 308 or 7-08 would be a better choice. Mike

I've got a Center Contender with 3 barrels. A 10" 222 Remington octagon barrel, with a Thompson 3 X scope. It's a fun varmint gun. An other is the 14" bull barrel in 30 Herrett topped with a Leupold 2X scope. I once shot a dove on the ground with it. The only part left was the tail feathers, the rest was a grey mist. The 3rd barrel is also a 14" bull barrel, 2X Leupold, chambered for the 357 Herrett. With all 3 I need a good solid rest. If I can sit I put the forearm on my knees, but I need a back stop. Other than that any type of bi (or mono) pod is needed to steady the barrel. They're a lot of fun to shoot though!