drewh

.17 25gr vmax

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the new 25 grain vmax in a 17 Remington? My 17 is in the process of being built, and I had that bullet in mind when I decided what I wanted.Thanks,Drew

Drew,No, haven't tried them. Have got a thou in my possession. Guess I'm just being lazy.Gary

I've used the 20gr. V-MAX's but not the 25gr. There is a very good assortment of bullets to over 30grs. available for .17's now. :rolleyes:

No, I didn't get it. The guy says he mistook me for another guy and sent it to him. Yeah right. Oh well, there's always another time. :lol:

That dirty so-n-so. Who makes 17 Rem upper stuff?
I know I wasn't very happy about how it worked out. There a a few custom places that make them. But his reduced price was the attraction. I've seen a couple for sale.

I think buzzrd feedr shoots the 25gr V-Max's. They seem to very effective on small animals! B):(

Well, buzzdr's gun shoots them nat's ass MOA. B) So most of the time he's shooting squirrels in the eye. But when he aims for the meaty part, the effects are spectacular! :(

Dale, can you shoot one in the meat and get pictures for me?
and me too ?!? I like splatter varmint pics! :unsure:B):lol:

Haven't shot the 25 gr. v-max, they just came out within the last year or so I think. I've shot alot of the 20 gr. v-max and they work good. I've also shot alot of the 25 gr. hp hornady's and the berger's also. Tried some others from T. Kindler along time ago that were good but I didn't think worth the $. I've heard some mixed reviews on the 25 v-max but I can't remember where.

Oops. :lol: I thought Dale had shot the 25gr bullets. It so easy to tell them apart. :) That 5grs makes them look so much larger. :(

Yea, a whole 5 grains makes a HUGE dufference!Dale, do you mind sharing some load data for that 17 Remington and 20 grain V-Max?

I think I have some load data for the 25 gr. hp but to tell you the truth I bought the 20 vmax's from HSM. I'm alot better at unloading large volumes of ammo. than I am reloading. :lol: