clampdaddy

Pics of my "new" bird buster

46 posts in this topic

Poor, defenseless, little starling... :good::)

Hey Wes, I'll try to do the same with that Remington when it gets here. :good:

That cannon is probably better suited to UFOs and other small aircraft! :signlol2iu:

Ok, Mr. 10 Gauge... :signlol2iu:

Hey Matt, my old Ithaca is a Flues model 20 gauge manufactured in 1913. I just happened to look up the serial number today. Mine is your's older brother.post-3-1193785157_thumb.jpg

NICE!!! I really like the "price of wales" stock! Which grade is it?

It's just a Standard it has the S on the action. But even the retriever on the side plate is really nice. I tried a couple of closeups but the flash blew it out. If the sun makes an appearance today I'll try a shot or two outside.

Pics of guns never come out good for me with a flash. It always makes the blueing look brown. That's why my pics at the begining of the thread are a bit dark. I tried to use a flash first but it made my gun look really bad so I took the pics without it.

Yeah, I knew better but tried it anyway. Spent the afternoon at the hospital today so pics tomorrow.

Hay Matt that guns shoots great in your hands. He shot a 20 on skeet with it on his second try ever. Beginners luck maybe, it took me weeks before I shot a 20. He did good on trap to but you missed that squirrel it seemed you shot all around it LOL. Was a good day.

Hay Matt that guns shoots great in your hands. He shot a 20 on skeet with it on his second try ever. Beginners luck maybe, it took me weeks before I shot a 20. He did good on trap to but you missed that squirrel it seemed you shot all around it LOL. Was a good day.
I had a great time! That old Ithaca double gun is probably the best pointing gun I've ever shot and I'm sure that's alot of why I did OK for my first time shooting skeet, but next time I'm takeing my turkey choked crow gun for shooting trap though. Those things can get out of range in a hurry! I had been thinking about getting a new camoed out pump shotgun for crow and duck hunting but now I'm thinking of gettind a shiney, pretty, autoloader for busting clays. Hey Johnny, I'm pretty sure that my auto was jamming because of that cheap ammo. I cleaned it and shot a box of those low recoil winchester shells thru it today and it made a nice pile of empties. The cheap bulk packed stuff would toss some of them really far and some of them would barely fall out of the side of the gun.

Glad to hear that old double shoots so well for you Matt. I hear Johnny's not a bad shot at trap. Both trap and skeet are a kick when you're out to have some fun. To bad you guys didn't score on the quail.

Glad to hear that old double shoots so well for you Matt. I hear Johnny's not a bad shot at trap. Both trap and skeet are a kick when you're out to have some fun. To bad you guys didn't score on the quail, those clay birds don't taste very good. :signs165xk:

Boy, I went and did it this time. I was at the gun shop today and saw a catalog with a pic of the browning silver hunter...............I ordered one. :) It was so purty I just couldn't help myself. This ones gonna be on the looong term lay-away plan. :ohttp://i.timeinc.net/fieldstream/newguns06...g_silver_lg.jpg

You just had to do it go and buy a shinny gun to impress the big shots LOL I new it wouldn't take you long to buy a auto.Thats a nice gun and it's a gas gun to.. I need a new berreta to one of those shinny ones to match yours :)

I need a new berreta to one of those shinny ones to match yours ;)
I know how much you like your Berreta so I looked into getting one but they're over a grand to get one, and I really liked the silver so I went with it. Plus, it's made in Portugual........How could I resist?.