Braz

What kind of shotgun

59 posts in this topic

I have been reading a lot of these posts about using the shotgun for coyotes. What would you suggest for a shotgun? I don't think I want to pony up the money for the Beneli though. :)

I think the 870 is a great gun.

I still have my first Remington 870 Wingmaster with a bunch of barrels for it. It's 43 years old and shoots great. I wish it was a magnum but I wouldn't trade it.

That one you posted looks great, but I don't know if I really like a thumbhole on a shotgun.

They point real nice. But in a way I'm used to a normal shotgun stock. I'd look around at Remington and see what else they have. You see them on sale all of the time. But I'd get a camo model.

Mines a remington 1100 semi auto, 12 guage :drool: She shoots AWESOME :) Rarely use it though since I just sooo much prefer the rifle.

But nothing beats a shotgun in the scrub, sage or manzanita. A rifle just doesn't give you the opportunity to make some shots. I've thrown lead from a rifle at some very short distances but if I'm being serious I'll take a shotgun any day. :drool:

But nothing beats a shotgun in the scrub, sage or manzanita. A rifle just doesn't give you the opportunity to make some shots. I thrown lead from a rifle at some very short distances but if I'm being serious I'll take a shotgun any day. :drool:
If youve ever tried to repair BB holes in a short hide, youd understand LOL...

Hey CH, I wasn't shooting them to save the hides or have them mounted. I was killing them because someone wanted them off of their ranch or property. There's a big difference in shooting to mount and clearing them out. I don't want to wise them up I wanted to wipe them out. You understand where I'm coming from I'm sure. :)

Lynn the Benelli Nova in camo is only $389. Hard to beat.
With that primos choke the one i shot patterned great. they are a great gun..

Hey CH, I wasn't shooting them to save the hides or have them mounted. I was killing them because someone wanted them off of their ranch or property. There's a big difference in shooting to mount and clearing them out. I don't want to wise them up I wanted to wipe them out. You understand where I'm coming from I'm sure. ;)
Your saying what its all about for me, John. My new set -up is the scatter across my lap and the rifle in the shooting stix for the hang-ups. Both ready to rock and roll..

post-535-1189830500_thumb.jpgJust did the paperwork on a Winchester SX3 3 1/2 12 gahttp://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/cat...76&cat=017CSpecial buffers and Active Valve system offer up to 40% recoil reduction over inertia-operated guns. Reliably cycles factory 1? oz., 2¾” field loads to 3½” magnums.Cabelas AZ for 950.00 no tax 25.00 to ship :roflmao3[1]: God I hate 10 day wait :signs1180lq:

Congrats Stan, that will work well out in "The Valley". Remember the 10 day wait won't start until your FFL gets it from Arizona. :roflmao3[1]: I'll return your book this week, thanks for the loan. What did you think of Rich Higgin's video?

Good looking scatter gun. A must for the close ones.

Congrats Stan, that will work well out in "The Valley". Remember the 10 day wait won't start until your FFL gets it from Arizona. :rolleyes: I'll return your book this week, thanks for the loan. What did you think of Rich Higgin's video?
Don’t return the book yet I haven’t finished the video Hi video made me get the shotgun as I switched to 20ga years ago for Dove and Quail and my 1897 is Heavy and won’t shoot 3 1/2 magsThe SX3 arrived in Grant Boys on Fri did the paperwork that day purchased a variety of 2 ¾ and 3 ½ shells @ Bass Pro to paper need to get the Dead Coyote tube ordered looking forward to the cooler weather to try this Beast out! Should be fun on Crows too :1087: We should get some of the guys in the area to meet at Prado to shoot some skeet for practice and swap some lies :1087:

I bought a new Benelli super black eagle, with a New Carlson Dead coyote choke tube. Shot a great pattern ,trouble was it was 3 feet high and 2 feet to the left. Went to a Pattermaster choke and it shoots a great pattern now.

With that primos choke the one i shot patterned great. they are a great gun..
Hey ehd, after seeing the patterns I shot with the Carlson choke do you think I should try the Primos?

I think your patterns are real good. I would like to see your pattern at 65 yards. If I can get that primos choke back from the guy I sold the gun too i will mail it to you and give it a try.I had an old post of the patterns I was getting with the primos choke in a Nova. It was real good..