ehd

need some advise

8 posts in this topic

i bought that new Benelli super black eagle shotgun. I also got a Carlson Dead coyote choke the other day. i am getting decent patterns to 55 yards with the factory full choke since I changed the drop in the stock. ( with shims provided ) ,. I put the Carlson choke in and it patterns great but its 3 FEET high and 2 FEET to the left. Way too far off to correct with other bead heights. All my factory chokes all pattern m/l pretty close . Do you think this choke is mis -manufactured ? The dia. is .650 My full is .675 Do you think a patternmaster is a better choke? Any Ideas? i would like to get my effective range to 65 yards if possible..Thanks guys,EHD

ehd, have you thought about putting an Aimpoint type of sight on the gun? A lot of turkey hunters do it just for the reason you mention. The choke or the shells just don't shoot where you want but those sight bring it right on target.

ehd, have you thought about putting an Aimpoint type of sight on the gun? A lot of turkey hunters do it just for the reason you mention. The choke or the shells just don't shoot where you want but those sight bring it right on target.
I have thought of that john.I hope to keep it simple for quick pointing. i cant believe its blowing that pattern so far off the mark. Took it in and out of the gun a couple of times etc... nothing odd going on there. Its so bad that you would not get one pellet in a coyote at 35-70 yards.

You still may want to look at a holographic site. All of the competition shooters use them. They are really quick to pick up the target.

It shoots real good with the factory full but i was hoping for more distance. I think I will e-mail pattermaster about how there choke preforms. The primos dead dog worked great in the Nova. Too bad it would not fit the Black Eagle.

Yikes...I just got a Carlson DC choke for my Nova. Guess I better check it out.

Yikes...I just got a Carlson DC choke for my Nova. Guess I better check it out.
My Nova patterned great with the primos dead dog choke . It is .675 diameter