DEERSLAM

MONSTER BLACKTAIL

25 posts in this topic

Thought I would post up a pic of the Giant buck my buddy arrowed this past weekend on the B-zone opener. The beast green gross scores 157 P&Y. It would easily make Boone and Crockett but the velvet is not going to be stripped for scoring. A few measurements;26"+ mainbeam6"+ bases17" G2'skirks3x3.jpg

:D:popcorn::rolleyes::popcorn: Holy dog poop...that's a nice one..Trinity area? Great country...I rcv'd my California Fish & Game magazine...guy killed a 4x5 that went 157 P&Y...but this 3-pt looks to have more height and mass! Congrats to your buddy!

Here's a little insite on just how big this buck is.There are only 8 Columbian Blacktails ever recorded for Boone & Crockett that have a 26" or longer mainbeam.There are only 30 typical Blacktails ever recorded for B&C that have a 6" or heavier mass measurement.There are only 30 Typical Blacktails ever recorded for B&C as a 4x4, this includes eyeguards, that net 140" or better. This buck will easily net 145".

any other details on shot placement and how far it went before it dropped?..I keep looking at that picture and I know I will have dreams up and until opening morning about "the big one" I will almost get...LOL

WOW, that is a great buck. I hope to see one even half that size and would be happy.

There's some big one's up there in the B Zones. I've seen a couple really nice ones up there but only at night. Nice buck!

facing the picture it looks like it almost might be a 4x3 if you can hang a ring off the G3...or am is it my hunter's instinct that bucks always appear larger?

Man, that's a great buck! :harhar1[1]:

facing the picture it looks like it almost might be a 4x3 if you can hang a ring off the G3...or am is it my hunter's instinct that bucks always appear larger?
It actually has 3 sticker points, 2 measurable, off of the right G2 and 1 sticker off the left G2. So by measurable points it is a 5x4 plus eyeguards. Most would refer to it as a mainframe 3x3 with extras.

It actually has 3 sticker points, 2 measurable, off of the right G2 and 1 sticker off the left G2. So by measurable points it is a 5x4 plus eyeguards. Most would refer to it as a mainframe 3x3 with extras.
Like all men, I think I always try for the bonus points!! I didn't know if I kept staring at it so long that other "stickers" were starting to grow! Haha...great by all means.

I saw this one the night before the season opener.
backyard buck? j/k!...that's a nice one...okay, guys STOP! these pictures are making me break into a cold sweat already and I'm not going out until the 22nd!...wait...nevermind...keep sending pictures!!!! haha

I swear that was not a backyard buck. It was right where we were hunting the night before opening. There is a reason that you leave your bow in camp while scouting. I passed up a respectable 3 pointer the next morning because of that buck. The three pointer would have been a great first bow deer, but he looked small compared to what I had seen. I'll be after the pic buck this weekend.

That is A MONSTER buck! I would be happy just to see that monster.(Then I'd have to go kill it) :drinks: Thanks for sharing that pic.