Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hylander

New 17HMR

14 posts in this topic

Well my new Marlin 917VSF is in prison at Stephen'swaiting for me to brake it out on Jan. 3rd.I have to wait 3 extra day's because Stephen will be closedon the 31st, New Years Eve and won't re-open till Tues the 3rd. :)

Hylander,Congrats on the new acquisition. Hope it works out for you. Is this your first 17 Hummer? I've always been pleased with my model 17. :)Gary

Is this your first 17 Hummer?
Nope, I've got a Savage 93R17GV and love it.It is their plan Model and I wanted something Fancier and Shinier :lol:
Sounds like a nice gun!
It is, I bet you have even seen it :(

BKL makes it. They're a sponsor over at Rimfirecentral.com and they make good stuff! Do a search and you'll see nothing but excellent reviews. A little spendy (I remember paying something like $65 shipped) but built like a rock! Here's a pic of my BKL 261 on my Marlin 17V with a Simmons 44Mag 6.5-20x44 scope. ml3.jpgml2.jpgml1.jpgPP06.jpg

Is it just me or is that first picture of it reversed? Looks like a leftie?
You beat me to it, must of Flip the pic in photo shop.Thanks Ben:I think I'll try some standard Weavers first, The mount looks solid but is pricy.Ya' I'm a cheap Sucker :angry:

Nothing. I shoot ambidexterously. Is that a word? I'm right handed. But I actually shoot better with my left hand, pistols, rifles, whatever. I'm a closet lefty! :angry:

Best thing about being a lefty is while driving I can comfortably shoot out of the window. Of course that would be off road on private property! :angry::D