Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumper Dunker

Throwing pointed sticks

12 posts in this topic

Took the old stick and string out today. made lots of unsuccessful stalks and shots. could call them in but not close enough to shoot . called on in to abought 50yrds had to crawl to get a shot at it and I got him Wow that was neat. more missis ect . Seen on way out there 100+ yrds . get a row of trees between us and start stalking him . I get to about 40yards and he see's me and stands up to get a better look not shot the trees are in the way . I start to crawl to the other side of the row and he moves into the same row That im in and hops twards me easy 15 yard shot Wow another one. Lots more missis and goofed up stalks. Trying to sneak up on egucated jacks is tough but lots of fun. Two jacks in 6hrs and not sure how many shots. apricots branch out real low so theres lots of crawling to make a stalk. Was getting to easy with the 204. those jato typ points puts a hurt to them if you hit them .Picture057-1.jpgPicture056.jpg

NIce going TD. Sounds like you had a good time, although not highly productive. However, for me, 2 with a bow in any amount of time is VERY successful and productive.

Nice work Tim! :harhar1[1]: That's some fine shooting and a great post. :rolleyes: I didn't think anyone still owned a recurved bow, except maybe me because I never get rid of anything. :rolleyes:

Componds are for little girls :rolleyes: Going back out in a few minuts I need lots of practice.

Good shooting Tim,I was up at my brother's place near Don Pedro last weekend. I got up early cuz the heat was killing the shooting hours. I was lucky enough to slap the first two cottontails I spotted. Of course I used a Girly Bow!! It didn't seem to have an adverse effect on the flavour of the bunny. It was down hill from there, so I switch to the HM2. The ground squirrels that dig up the leach field for the septic are increasing in numbers again. They are very smart when it comes to getting a shot at them, so my brother let me set up on the roof of the house and snipe them from there. I must say, they were a bit surprized. I was able to get 8 of the ten I spotted. db

Guys that can shoot recurve and longbow that accurately are very impressive to me. I prefer to cheat with the old training wheel bow! :smiley-funny-post-sign: Good shooting!