MojaveJ

Painting and caller

9 posts in this topic

I finally decided to try my hand at painting and did this. Also Included my caller in the pic. It is a Minaska All-In-One Bandit. Love it. They didn't have the colors I wanted at Wally World.

post-95-1184552795_thumb.jpg

post-95-1184552814_thumb.jpg

Nice! I assume you were wanting some lighter colors?
Yes, I wanted tan and green with green being the base coat but, they didn't have the tan. It accually was my second choice I was looking for tan with black webbing, so I ended up with a brown base coat with the green on top.

Good job do you find that the decoy works for you and if so how do you display it.

Looks awesome! I have been wanting to this for awhile but I'm scared.. I don't know the first thing about painting my gun!

Nice work! I'm not sure I'd ever have the guts to paint one of mine.

Good job do you find that the decoy works for you and if so how do you display it.
It works the bobcats that I called in with it last year locked on to it and kept coming. It is part of the caller and controlable by the remote. I just set it on the ground in an open area in front of a bush or just on the open ground. I learned last year not to let the decoy run continously or the battery will only last about half a day. So I turn it on if I see something coming. The wind keeps the tail moving also and it doesn't have to be blowing hard either.

I have one, but I havent had much luck with it. One of the problems is that most of the places I hunt because of the brush its hard for the critters to see. thanks for the advice.