Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bzzrd feedr

Bodega/Tomales Salmon

13 posts in this topic

Headed out Mon. AM. The reports are limits and the Pacific is a lake which looks like it's going to hold most of the week. My buddies farallon is hooked up and I can already taste those fresh salmon fillets on the Barby.

Well I just got back and the fishing was slow but the quality of the fish was awesome. The biggest fish that I caught was 41# and it didn't win the pot on Wed. the pot winner was 46#. I'll work on some pics tomarrow. We caught a 32# fish on tues. and had one break us off. Then on wed. we caught a 37# & 41# plus we had a 82 year old guy that lost 4 nice fish. Thurs. a little ol 28#'r plus a little guy. Then today another 31#'r and a 15#'r. I'm tired but will get some pic's of the hogs up ASAP.

Nice fish Dale. Still sounds like a worthwhile trip. The weather is always nice down there this time of year. My family has had a house at Dillon's Beach continually since 1900. It was always a treat to go there in the summer when the temperature was around a hundred in the valley and have to wear a coat or sweater. Of course that was before air conditioning was very popular. Have you ever done any poke pole fishing in the area. That's always a fun time.

SJ The only poke pole fishing I've done is before I was married when I poke poled alot. :signgreatreport3kg: Here's a pic of the 46# fish that beat me for the big fish pool. It was a hog for sure.bodega7-7salmon008.jpg

All those fish are going to be providing some really nice steaks!

Great fish. :signlol2iu:

That fish in that last picture is so heavy the picture tipped over. :yahoo:
Yea SJ Ol Techno Dale has a tough time figurin out how to do all thet fancy stuff like you on these puters. I'm dam lucky to be posten a pic let alone turn it right side up. I can catch fish though. :signlol2iu: I've had it on the Barby the last couple nights, it's the best. They say the fishing has slowed down over there, I was lucky to miss the wind that usually blows and to catch some hogs. That's why they call it Blowdega Bay.

That's why they call it Blowdega Bay.
I haven't heard that term in a long time. That's what they call it too. Then there's the rollers that sneak up behind you coming in and try to turn your boat over.