Cranky Farmer

This Chargemaster 1500 combo works AWESOME!

32 posts in this topic

I am so impressed with this new Chargemaster of mine! I just loaded up a few rounds of some 40 gr V-Max to take for coyotes tonight. There is no doubt that the number of rounds that I am able to load per hour is going to go up. Even with this Varget it is performing well.As soon as my wife gets back from town and can watch the baby I am going to get back out there and load up a few more for the .22-250.

yep! yep ! yep! I love my Chargemaster,it makes load development enjoyable especially when adding 1 or 2 tenths of a grain for those test rounds,my recommendation to all is get one as soon as you can afford it. :lol:

I was just using my to load some .223 this weekend and I think I was running about 80-100 per hour. It is a dream to use and very, very easy.

I am so impressed with this new Chargemaster of mine! I just loaded up a few rounds of some 40 gr V-Max to take for coyotes tonight. There is no doubt that the number of rounds that I am able to load per hour is going to go up. Even with this Varget it is performing well.As soon as my wife gets back from town and can watch the baby I am going to get back out there and load up a few more for the .22-250.
You lucky no good so and so! :lol::lol: I want one too! :PWhaa! Booh hoo! :P

They especially make loading test rounds fast with the ease of adjustment and their superior accuracy.alpenliter, you should be able to easily double that amount without even breathing hard or thinking about it. ;)I don't even look at it when using it anymore. I just listen to the sound and the tone and I load another and push the charge button. B)

What a nice set up. I've been drooling over the catalogs for a couple months now. Since I just got the new rifle I have to wait a while before the wife will release some more funds for one of my "hobbies" as she likes to call it. I have to give it a couple months and let her blow some money on scrap booking or stamps first. That chargemaster just looks so easy to use compared to what I am doing now.Jason

Jason,I have been using a balance beam scale to measure each load until I got my Chargemaster. I will never go back to doing it the old way again! It is a lot faster, easy to use, easy to clean up and even allows you to store your favorite loads in memory for easy retrieval next time you reload.It will be well worth your effort to butter up to the wife and save for a couple months. On a side note, you have to watch ShooterJohn carefully. Just when you get one neat toy/tool paid for he'll pop up and recommend another great one you cant live with out!!

Exactly, the balance beam drives me crazy. It makes me put off reloading until I'm basically out of ammo just because it is so slow and cumbersome. I've got my brother talked into splitting the cost with me (we live in the same town so sharing is not a problem) which helps but now we both have to convince our wives. Oh the horror!Jason

I just buy the stuff I want and hide it until she's seen it a couple of time. Then I say this old thing I've had it forever. :lol: Then if she persists I say maybe we should get rid of some of her shoes. ;) I think she's related to Imelda Marcos she has so many. B)

My wife and I have reached an agreement. She was ragging on me one day about why did I need another gun. Well, at that I asked her why she needed another quilt? She makes about 20 or so a year and each one costs $100+, some costing 2-3 times as much. With that, she has never said anything about my purchases again, and I don't say anything about her quilts. In fact, she bought the chargemaster for me for christmas!! :-)

Well I broke down and ordered one from Natchez. Got my brother to go in on it with me and also got my uncle to pony up in exchange for reloading some of his rounds. This got the price down enough that I knew momma wouldn't get to worked up. Also ordered the RCBS dies for my new .223 at the same time. Can't wait until they get here.Jason O.

Here is a link for a 1500 combo for $225 shipped. It is used, but doesn't appear to be used much.http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/s.../gonew/1#UNREAD

They totally rock !!
Shooter John You don't even have to press the charge button any more( on the newer models) just set it on the auto setting and every time you put the pan back on the scale it will dispense another powder charge! How easy is that,You gotta love it. :lol:

Man-o-man! :o Mine must be a dinosaur then. Maybe i better send it in for a repair? ;)
Rule #1 - You con't keep up with technology. ;)A17Shooter