Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rustyrimfire

best place to buy 17hmr ammo

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!Life keeps getting in the way of shooting, but as I told Shooter John, catching up on the boards is like sitting around with a couple of old friends and shooting the breeze. :signs1180lq: Anyways, where's the best place on the net to buy 17hmr ammo these days?Still lovin my Savage,Rusty

I buy from midsouthshooterssupply.com too, seems to me that they have the best price on the type of ammo that my Savage 17hmr likes.

Checked the MidSouth site. Looks like they are out of all brands HMR 17 gr VMax. :signs1180lq:

I've been buying locally. The freight rates have gotten so high lately that it's about the same price. I'd have to buy about two cases to save even a little anymore. I used to buy all my 17HMR ammo online and had family and friends that would go in with me so we could put in one big order but the freight and the increase in prices for even the online ammo just is making it too expensive. Of course it just depends on where you are located. I was over at a gun shop in Salinas a few weeks ago while in the area for a meeting for work and was shocked to see them selling 17HMR ammo for about $4 more per box that I was getting at home. I'm sure the rent for their place is quite a bit more than the guy that runs his gun shop out of his garage over in my area but if I lived in Salinas I'd definitely be buying the ammo online.