Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yunggun

Where to?

8 posts in this topic

I have an A02 tag so the sky is the limit, then I'm off to Idaho and then off to AZ.. I have been shooting everyday after work for the last month. I'm ready!

Hey guys,I am new out here and plan on doing Bow only for now. When does the season start? I was planning on cruising up Highway 4 East into the Sierras to get the lay of the land. Any pointers on some good public land? I think it would be zones d5,d6,x8,x12. Thanks,Raptor72

definitely going up D3-5 late August. Always take my bow as this is the time I will also start scouting in case I'm not lucky enough with a bow, but it will get me acquainted with the deer/bear habits. In the area I hunt, especially my prime spot, each year they will take 3-4 different routes between food sources, water and beds - so, I'll probably spend 4-5days monitoring their movement, then check again a week before rifle season to amke sure nothing changed, or if it has, then adopt the new later season hunting techniques. If the 1st weekedn in rifle fails, then I pray the last 2 weeks we get severe weather and head to the super secret migration :roflmao3[1]:

Sounds like my plans in d6 d5 And you know about that secret spot too. :roflmao3[1]::signs1180lq::signs165xk:

When it snows they move down . I know crocker ridge is packed with hunters at that time I stay away from it.Peeker I know where your spot is across the road from a refuge :roflmao3[1]::signs1180lq:

Lotsa of D area migration routes :lol: ...sometimes it feels like a war when the storms move in...guys are busting shots left and right...