Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stiff Neck

Took the kids out fishing

12 posts in this topic

We took the kids out fishing last week, they're 1 and 2. Ever tried to "share" a fishing pole with a 2-year-old? No daddy, mine! Let go, mine! We caught a bunch of bluegill and a bunch of small bass. I said about 60 total, the wife said more like 50 (obviously she's not as good a liar as I am). My boy was more interested in the cheese puffs than the fishing, but my girl wanted to hold all the cute baby Nemo fish. She also wanted to hold onto the rod while I was fishing, which made it rather difficult to set the hook etc. The wife and kids sit in an inflatable raft that is tied to my pontoon boat. We had a blast! Secret fishing hole, don't ask...RL006.jpgRL003.jpgRL007.jpgRL004.jpgRL008.jpgRL009.jpg

I abide by the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" secret fishing hole policy.
I just lie :signs1180lq::014::signs1180lq:

That last photo is a hoot! haha! end of day, hot tired and gotta go pee bad daddy!

Hey man,That's great! I just can't wait to get home, to start taking my daughter out fishing. She'll be almost three when I get home, and that'll be about the right time, because I haven't even fished since I've been in the service! My daughter loves being on grandpa's boat, though, and I'm gonna take her to a sacred spot, one that I've been going to since I was maybe about 4 (so don't worry, I won't ask where your secret hole is), just glad to see you taking your kids out, and how interested your daughter is in the sport. Gives me real motivation, since I'm about to make my daughter an NRA life member at the age of 2 and a half! Yeah!Navycop

I will ask for you navycop hay stiffneck where is this secret spot of yours :D pssss-t hay shooter give up his spot since hes not around.......

The memories your kids will have will last a lifetime. My kids still talk occasionally about Nine Mile Canyon, June Lake and the little streams out of Independence. My little ones are now 28 and 32 but they still remember those days.