Kauai Bobby

I think Im in love..

21 posts in this topic

OK, so Ive been looking into buying a S&W 500.. But I havent made my mind up on just what barrel length I want.. I would like to to be able to hunt with it, but I also it as a side arm when Im out hunting... So I dont want it to long where I cant get it out quick enough... SO I think this one will fit my bill...It has 6.5 inch barrel, and a rail for scopes...

post-1039-1182369146_thumb.jpg

The 460 can shoot bullets from 300 gr to 395 gr... with 17fo fps/ 2041 ftlbs with 300 to 1100fps/941ftlbs with 395the 500 can shoot 350gr to 500 grwith 1600fps/1990 ftlbs with 350 to 1500 fps / 2499 ftlbs with the 500grI like the power of the 500 with a 385 gr load, it has 1700 fps with 2544 ftlbs...

Color doesn't matter. You're gonna camo it anyway, right? :roflmao3[1]::censored[1]: Nice looking pistolas. But, I'll pass. Good luck with whatever you decide, just don't forget the camo. :D

I like the black. Hey Bobby you planning on huntin griz or maybe rhino :censored[1]:

I like the black one too. Have you shot one of those monsters yet? Too much muzzle blast for me. Haveing the worlds most powerfull revolver is cool but only if you can shoot it well. Have you cosidered a .41 mag, .44 mag, or 45 colt for your fist field revolver? The old colt (with modern heavy bullet loads) is my new favorite back-up gun cartridge. It has a little more power and waaaaayyyyy less blast than my .44 magnum.

Ok, now I cant decide, I found it in black.... :signs1242cn: But its 1 inch longer...
If you ask my wife an inch matters :oops:

Very nice pistol :signs1242cn:, not even sure if its legal where I am but wont surprise me if it isn't. We aren't allowed to hunt with pistols, not even to carry one to dispatch animals or for safety. In fact we are not even allowed to carry one outside of the range unless you are law enforcement or security. It's basically all the politics of ethical hunting, shot placement apparently harder with pistols and the gun lobbies trying to ban all guns from civilians.I am soooo envy

Now if I can just find a store that is selling it....
Of the last... maybe 10 guns I've purchased... the local stores only had two of the ten in stock. All the rest had to be special ordered. I guess the local shops don't carry anything I'm interested in. (I'm interested in accurate rifles).

Very nice pistol :signs1242cn:, not even sure if its legal where I am but wont surprise me if it isn't. We aren't allowed to hunt with pistols, not even to carry one to dispatch animals or for safety. In fact we are not even allowed to carry one outside of the range unless you are law enforcement or security. It's basically all the politics of ethical hunting, shot placement apparently harder with pistols and the gun lobbies trying to ban all guns from civilians.I am soooo envy
Gun ownership and other legislation regulating all aspects of hunting and firearm ownership/usage is a continuous battle here at all levels of government in the U.S.. But, we are still able to hunt with handguns in most of the states. For the handgunners view, try these web sites.Handgun Hunter MagazineSpecialty PistolsIHMSAI still drag handguns along on most of my hunts and score some nice shots. I favor the Thompson Center Contender, S&W revolvers and the Remington XP-100 (out of production). Well, anyway I like my handguns. Oh, my calibers run from the 17 Mach II rimfire to the 308 Winchester. Variety is the spice of life. :oops:

Variety is the spice of life. :signs1180lq:
Now that is what I tried to tell my wife, but she just didn't go along with it for a minute. :signgreatreport3kg:

My wife says I can look at the menu but I can't order anything.