Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shoot-it

Need recipe for Catfish

9 posts in this topic

I caught a 15" channel cat yesterday and I need a recipe . I cooked half of it last night in flour and it was goood . I hooked into a big fish last night almost lost my pole my knot pulled I don't know what it was I am thinking it might been a stripper . :)

shoot-it...I'm kinda thinking a good cajun pepper dry rub would be very nice on the catfish. You may even want to batter them in a spicy batter and deep fry them if you have a fyer...

I like them deep fried. Well there isn't much I don't like deep fried I guess. Not knowing your tastes in catfish try this site.http://www.carlylelake.com/Fishing/Guide/Catfish/Recipes/A couple of friends and I tried a bunch of these recipes and they were good. The Italian Marinated Catfish is really good.

Thanks guys It's good to no I can get help when i need it. This is funny last night I put egg yokes in the flour and mixed it together than tried dipping my fish in it........... :smiley-funny-post-sign:;) I figured it out this morning while my wife laughed at me. I dipped it in egg than cornmeal oh does it stick now and deep fried now that was even better. I will try to catch some more today to bad I didn't have someone close by to fish with .

I wouldn't advise takeing one of these home. :doh[1]:
You need to hook up with thumper dumper he fish's for them strippers too. :smiley-funny-post-sign:;);):roflmao3[1]:

You need to hook up with thumper dumper he fish's for them strippers too. :smiley-funny-post-sign:;);):roflmao3[1]:
Its about time someone finally caught that :doh[1]: Poor thumper will never live that down.

I saw that and was gonna post something, but figured we all had those typos..haha!! Dollars??...I'm thinking inflation raised it to a $20 for a nice fish :smiley-funny-post-sign: