Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

Winchester White Box Ammo

4 posts in this topic

Well I went to the local gun store and there was some of the fabled Winchester White Box .223s that I used to get at Walmart. The boxes were a bit dusty but they were good so I scooped them up. If you like these rounds and were dissapointed when Walmart stopped carrying them, check the small, mom and pop gun stores in the out of the way places. You might find some. I wish I knew why Olin quit making these. They had to have sold a ton of them!!!Jason

Not sure why &/or if Olin quit making them, however, I do know the Iraq war is sucking up a lot of our ammo supply. Luckly I have a life time supply of those Win white box hollow points. Also try finding the Black Hills, blue box of 223, 50gr V max ammo. It won't happen, & I bought the last 500 rounds in So Dakota about a month ago. Well, they had a few boxes left. I also paid a MUCH higher price than just last year.Hey, with this lead ban coming, what's the point anyhow, eh? Boy, that one irritates me to no end. Unreal !Frank

I agree about the lead ban. I am a pheasant hunter and some of the refuges only let you shoot non-lead. I still don't think that they shoot as well as the lead, but they have you over a barrel.

Hey, with this lead ban coming, what's the point anyhow, eh? Boy, that one irritates me to no end. Unreal !Frank
I use them on squirrels which should still be legal at least initially after the lead ban. The 45 gr JHPs just shoot really nice out of my Savage.