assasin

my new artilery piece

17 posts in this topic

so about the middle of febuary i bought a 44 mag super blackhawk and when i whent to pick it up she was sitting in the used case hardly shot original box and in 45 colt i had to have it so i put it on layaway finaly picked it up last week. ive been reading all the john linebaugh articles i can find and i figure i can push those 300 gr xtps and swc a little pased 1300 fps. yea 44 mag eat your heart out i figure she'll be a thumper what do you guys think100_0085.jpg100_0083.jpg

Nice revolver. I use the same powder and bullet in my Ruger Blackhawk.....hold on tight, its a blast. Have fun.

Right on! I just got a ruger blackhawk in .45 colt and I love it. I have my dies and brass but I still need to order some bullets. I'm surprized that after reading John Linebaughs writings on the .45 colt that you're gonna shoot a jacketed bullet.

yes it a ruger redhawk and i hear this particuar gun in 45 colt is hard to come by .. i guess i am lucky. i am also loading 300gn swc from bear creek . the jaceted bullets wil just be for the super hot stuff so i dont lead the dog poop out of my barrel ..... i would like to find some 300-320gn gas checked semi wad HP's if any one has a mold or knows of a source and would like to share that would be great ... thank for all the compliments

Assasin,You did a good thing rescuing that nice pistola from that used gun case. It will pay you back by shooting tiny little groups. :signs653wf:

Ruger makes really nice handguns. What a find. I'm sure you will enjoy it for years to come.

I can't help myself on this one. As you mentioned artillary piece. And the one you have is a very good one by the way, BUT, I had to show you this one of mine so you could compare it with. It doesn't holster very well but is fun to shoot.WaltsGBmortar1.jpg

Walt that looks like it would be a lot of fun, a real "blast". :signlol2iu:

yes it a ruger redhawk and i hear this particuar gun in 45 colt is hard to come by .. i guess i am lucky. i am also loading 300gn swc from bear creek . the jaceted bullets wil just be for the super hot stuff so i dont lead the dog poop out of my barrel ..... i would like to find some 300-320gn gas checked semi wad HP's if any one has a mold or knows of a source and would like to share that would be great ... thank for all the compliments
LUCKY YOU !! :signlol2iu: You have a keeper ! Heard the same,"Hard to come by."Out of my 44 mag,I usually push 320gr JDJ's about 1400-1435-about.But, I have shot 240gr jacketed at 1685 FPS,7.5" barrel. No pressure signs.Same with my Winchester lever in 44 mag.From my Ruger NMBH 45 Colt,I'll need to chronograph those Bear Creek 265gr.Might have to play with "QuickLoad" to get an idea. Or,use the well known freebie "Point Blank".What a find !!