Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sangerpb

.223 H335 Load question

8 posts in this topic

I'd like some input from you guys. I just finished loading 3 sets of 10 new loads I'm trying. This is the second time I've loaded and the first time I've loaded by myself. I ended up ruining a couple in the press and had to redo about 4. The first 2 went smooth, but I bumped the scale and didn't notice I moved the amount up by 1 grain. So instead of the max at 25 grains I had somewhere between 25-26. I excluded the last 2 rounds I loaded, but what I'd like to know is if I can shoot these two rounds safely. Thank you.

Hard to say, Sanger. Just depends... on lots of things. What pressure signs, if any, were getting with the 25 gr loads? Temp plays a BIG part. In cooler, especially 65 degrees & under, the loads can be hotter with no problem.Personally, I would just pull the bullets, weigh the charge again, & seat new bullets in them. Not worth the risk of blowing a primer or pitting the bolt face, or worse in other words. Just MHO is all.Good LuckFrank

That's the safest thing to do. Frank is right on about possible problems. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

That's the safest thing to do. Frank is right on about possible problems. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
No problem, now that I know the process it goes pretty quick? If i tap out the bullet I don't have to resize the neck? I just need to measure powder and repress?

You are correct....

sweet! makes me happy! I'm going to try to load a few more today.

If i tap out the bullet I don't have to resize the neck? I just need to measure powder and repress?
I wouldn't do that. If you remove the bullet, you should resize the neck before you re-insert the bullet. Otherwise it probably won't shoot like the other ones. Consistency is the key to accuracy.