coolvarmint

Fixed Power Scopes

5 posts in this topic

Anyone here shoot a fixed power scope?? In particular a SS Tactical, made by SWFA, or have any experience with one?? Most or all of my experience is with a fixed scope. And I love the 30mm tubes and tactical look. Gonna put it on the new Savage 204 thats burning a hole in its case, just got it this weekend. Just like to hear some of your thoughts in particular or in general. Thanks Scott

I have a 10x 40 mildot on my 223 love it ,I think its a bushnell Picture002.jpg

I have a SS tactical 10X42 fixed power scope. Its hard getting use to since I have always had variable power scopes. The quality and clearity is very good.

I have a SS tactical 10X42 fixed power scope. Its hard getting use to since I have always had variable power scopes. The quality and clearity is very good.
I guess my 4X on my 788 Rem .243 is a little outdated but it shoots good.

I have a 12X40 Leupold. It was on my .223 calling rifle but for close or moving targets the field of view was too small. I changed to a 3X9 and put the 12X on my .17 HMR. It has fine crosshairs and is very clear. I find two drawbacks. The eye relief is critical, and on close shots the target is blurred unless the AO is adjusted.