Camoghost

10mm

44 posts in this topic

I have a chance to get a Glock 10mm from my buddy who needs some cash.. Are these guns any good? I know nothing about the 10mm.. Thank you,

If it's a Glock - it's likely to be good. My 10 day wait period is up on my G27 (.40S&W) tomorrow and I can hardly wait to get it out and give it a whirl!

10mm's a great round but ammunition is expensive.

I can hardly wait to get it out and give it a whirl!
I'd rather shoot it than whirl it around. But that's just me. :(:signlol2iu:

I'd rather shoot it than whirl it around. But that's just me. :(:signlol2iu:
Well, you know me. Kinda like that little girl in the parade with a baton... <_<

Well, you know me. Kinda like that little girl in the parade with a baton... :signlol2iu:
That definitely explains the twirling tenancies. :(

Time to get a set of 10mm dies I guess.. How does it rate to the .45? I'm a .45 lover!
Pretty potent round. It is a 40 S&W on steroids. Definitely more juice than a 45 ACP. As for the Glock...hard to go wrong with them.

10 mm nice round you will know when you have pulled the triggerYour return to target time will be slower

sweet! Post pics when you pick it up. I'm off to pick up my new G27 in about 3 hours. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

CG, you'll like the Glock...I havve the .40 Glock and have had it for 4 years. I always keep it as my sidearm for big game hunting and just to take it out and shot some rounds. Never shot the 10mm version...one thing I'm going to do is upgrade my Glock with laser sights though.

It has night sights already but I have been eye balling those cool lasers. What is better, The laser grips or the laser that replaces the recoild spring ?

My buddy gave me about 300 rounds of hollow points for it. I have not looked for regual plinking ammo yet. I may just get a die set and relaod my own in the near future.. I have not had time to play that much these day but I'm looking to fix that problem real quick! :flag:

A S&W 610 would be vastly superior to the auto. have had one. read the article in handloader magazine , i dont know when, for much data. this is based on the SW 610. it is about ACCURACY !!!

My buddy gave me about 300 rounds of hollow points for it. I have not looked for regual plinking ammo yet. I may just get a die set and relaod my own in the near future.. I have not had time to play that much these day but I'm looking to fix that problem real quick! :)
They shoot well. Basically a .40 with a large pistol primer and a hotter load. Be careful on your reloads as the pressures climb very quickly in that round. Enjoy your toy CG!Darren

Hay CG any updates on how it shoots? And how do you like the glock I hear the trigger is ok compared to a typical trigger assembly

Hi Stan, I love it!! It's a great shooter and the trigger is okay.. I bought a set of dies for my Dillon and have made some nice rounds for it. I carry this gun when I'm in the field.. So far I have only punched some paper with it but the recoil is milder than expected.. I would recommend this gun!

Glocks are tremendous. Ugly, but tremendous. The guy that built them used to build gun parts for the Austrian army and heard that there was going to be a competition to replace the Steyr GB. He had no ego about guns (then) and got a bunch of shooters in and asked them what they wanted, two months later he had a working prototype. He got the contract. Wouldn't compete against Baretta here for our contract because he'd have have to given up his patents and proprietary info to allow for a second source of supply. I sort of like that attitude really. You hear from the military type reviewers that you should expect 2-3000 rounds without a single jam given decent ammunition.Bought a 19 in 9mm for my daughter. She loves it. I have my eye on a 17 which is the regular 9mm. I prefer 9mm to other rounds because of price of ammo and availability. Anyway 9mm has killed more people that just about any other pistol round so I guess it has enough stopping power especially with a well placed shot. 10mm seems a little big for me. Of course if you get one at a deal caliber is secondary and 10mm is pretty nice overall. Enjoy it.

How does it compare to a 44 weight etc?
Not even close.. My .44 has more recoil even with light loads.. The 10mm is smooth as can be! I really do like this round allot and it has some serious knock down power! I reload 185 grn JHP for it and it seems to really like this formula..