fiveflat

Best price for case of ammo?

10 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm going to buy a case of .17HMR this afternoon. Who has the best price for it? Midway? Just trying to save myself an hour or so on the internet if someone already has investigated this...

I got cold feet about spending $400 at once. I ended up paying a bit more for it, but I ended up going with Cabela's. They were $109 for 500rounds. I didn't bother calling midsouth to see if they had a 500 round package deal, but I may next time.

I have a 17 center if anyone wants to split a case let me know. Everywhere i look it is costlyron

Before you buy any large amount of ammo you should be sure your gun likes that brand. Though the .17 HMR's are all manufactured at the same plants they don't all shoot the same and some are down right bad shooting. Just a thought, as a good price might not equal a good deal in the long run. MidSouth has in the past had by far the best deals on HMR ammo too.

I bought the Hornady 17gr V-Max. My Dad and I split that 500round pack. So 5 boxes shouldn't be too much to find out if my new Marlin likes it or not. Good point though, SJ. Thanks.