Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiveflat

Give me all your opinions on this baby:

18 posts in this topic

I've decided that my next handgun purchase will be a .40 rather than a .45. I thought that I wanted the Taurus Millenium Pro, especially when I was handed the Glock and my pinky finger hung down with nowhere to go. Then he pulled out the one pictured below with an extended mag and my pinky finger had a place of it's own. I kinda fell in love (with the finish). So - Both the Taurus and Glock feel just as comfortable in my hand. Is the Glock definately worth paying an additional $180 bucks for?Tell what you all think - is it a good idea or bad idea to go out of the norm and get a finish like this instead of the standard black?GlockDesertCamo2-01.jpg

Don't get that sucker! If you drop it in the desert, you'll never find it. :harhar1[1]:

What Glock? I don't see a Glock there. You must be having problems with your pictures. :harhar1[1]: I would get the Glock. You can't go wrong with those pistols. I was shooting my model 23 yesterday and it always impresses me. Have you checked out the model 23? Not too much bigger than the 27 and a whole lot easier to shoot, say hit with, than those smaller ones.

Really, I was wondering about opinions on the camo finish too. Like it? Hate it? Not bad, but rather have it black? or what...

Seriously, don't get the camo. I lost my Leica rangefinder in camo when I set it down once and took forever to find it again. I've had a few friends lose other camo items too. Besides when I bring out my pistol I want people to know it's a pistol and think twice. For target shooting who cares what color it is? Big black and ugly makes people notice you're carrying a pistol. JMHO

Besides when I bring out my pistol I want people to know it's a pistol and think twice. For target shooting who cares what color it is? Big black and ugly makes people notice you're carrying a pistol. JMHO
Ditto the SJ comment. And, you don't want some youngster to think it's a water pistol. Or. if you're engaged in one of those rare "serious" social occassions, you don't want someone to think you're trying to face him/her down with a water pistol.

ditto SJ and Gary, no camo pistols or anything little like binos, rangefinders, etc. unless they have gps tracking devices. :harhar1[1]:

Sorry guys, gotta disagree. I think that camo job is spectacular. Don't set your handgun down and you wont loose it....keep it in your hand or in your holster or in the safe. Can't go wrong with the glocks either.

I own a Glock 21 and I love it, love it, love it. The .45 is a reliable round, a little heavier, but reliable. If you are going with a .40 cal, and the gun will be used primarily for your sidearm while hunting, I would say the Glock 23, it is slightly smaller and weighs less than the 22,, and since we can only have 10 round mags anyways, it would be a good addition for you. Paying the extra 180 for the gun is worth it because of the reliability. Plus with the Glock you have the options for a lot of accessories to go with it.

Really, I was wondering about opinions on the camo finish too. Like it? Hate it? Not bad, but rather have it black? or what...
You asked for it----- It's B-FUGLY!!!!!!And I can't stand Glocks.

So I take it you are still in trying to decide on a self defense handgun correct? They both have their good points. On one hand with revolvers you have your different types of ammo to choose from but to carry requires a holster that carries out in the open. On the other hand if you want a weapon you can conceal if you want then a semi. in which case I would go for a Glock for two legged, unwanted varmints you got your choice from a 9mm,357sig to a .45. For a four legged especially with big teeth you have a choice from .45 t0 a 10mm. Then again that's only my opinion.

And the Glocks are dishwasher and microwave safe just like tupperware!