Where oh where have all the primers gone?

Singing the blues. Ordered reloading dies for 38 special / 357 magnum. Thought I had a box of small pistol primers and one of small magnum primers but they turned out to be large magnum primers.  Doh! 

No one has any. 

I guess it’s back to big bore airguns until the shortage subsides. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's hard to find primers period nowadays.  You might have to visit some gun stores out of state if you get the chance.  I was fortunate to stock up on Federal GM primers at a gun store I visited in Wyoming over a year ago that should last me for quite some time. 

Just now, Big Fish said:

It's hard to find primers period nowadays.  You might have to visit some gun stores out of state if you get the chance.  I was fortunate to stock up on Federal GM primers at a gun store I visited in Wyoming over a year ago that should last me for quite some time. 

I've about given up for now. Switching back to big bore airguns, and casting and powder coating bullets. Tis a crying shame. You can buy primers on gun broker though at a 10x price. 🥵

13 hours ago, Divernhunter said:

I have lots of them on my primer storage shelves. Same for powders and bullets.  :)

Ditto!!

37 minutes ago, Bisley said:

Primers? Who needs primers when percussion caps are aplenty?...... 🤫

Flints are also aplenty!!

23 hours ago, Big Fish said:

Ditto!!

Flints are also aplenty!!

Yes sir, Flint rock, the original (and only) reusable primer. Nice to know you will never be without something to go bang 👍

I also have the nipple conversion to use shotgun primers if I run out of caps.