Sign in to follow this  
Bisley

Juggernaut Tactical CA Compliant Fix

If you have one you will totally understand. If you do not, it will probably mean absolutely nothing to you. Juggernaut Tactical

I don't know if anyone on here has this kit, or has even heard of it, but I thought I would offer a cheap homemade fix to it's biggest downfall, disassembly for cleaning. To me, it is the best alternative to going featureless. In a nutshell, you push the button allowing the receiver to slightly open just enough to allow the the mag release button to work. When you close it the spring pulls it back in place and locks it. To remove the upper you unscrew the left cap and push like you are changing mags, then while gently closing the upper you twist the pin and pull it to the right just like a regular AR pin. The only problem with this is that when you remove the upper you can accidentally bump the pin. The problem with this is that if you look at the shape of the pin, when it closes with no upper on it the pin can be pushed forward because of the slot allowing the spring to push the detent out of the receiver. the only way to fix it after that is to remove the stock and reinstall the pin and detent. This picture will hopefully help explain it. Please forgive Duke, he was too exhausted to move.

2020-04-22_08-35-47

2020-04-22_08-49-01

So today at work, off company time of course :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: , I took a piece of 1/2" keystock (any half inch thick metal would work, or even plastic I suppose) and drilled a 17/32 hole 1/4" up from the bottom and centered in the i/2" stock. Now when I have it apart I can put the bar in and hold it toward the rear as I push the pin through and and put the spring and cap back on so not only do I not lose them, but the pin does fly forward if bumped creating disassembly time to fix it. When done cleaning the upper simply remove the cap and spring and hold the bar rearward again as you pull the pin to the right. Too simple, Too easy, and too cheap.

2020-04-22_08-35-552020-04-22_08-35-36

Hadn't heard of this one Bob.  Looks like a good choice.  They need to make better videos other than in their bedroom with a better microphone setup!  I'm sure it's my failing hearing but the guy seems like he's talking inside of a can the echo is so bad.  I know I'm overly picky of people making videos because that used to be my business.

I haven't watched the video lol. Yes, I'm one of those guys, guilty. But I already knew and understood the concept before I bought it. I'll have to watch it when I get home. And don't feel bad, my family always thought my dad and I were crazy because everywhere we went we would check out the cosmetics and structural integrity of the buildings we went into 😁. Nothing wrong with taking pride in your work 👍