Sign in to follow this  
lif2fsh

its tought out there

Yeah, this "social distancing" crap has gone too far. Yesterday morning the mallet on my bullet puller decided to "distance" itself from me :014:

2020-04-18_09-48-42

That is not a piece of steel you throw around the shop.

Be gentile Bob.

Tom

Can you see how worn out the beater end is? Wonder how it got that way?.....

I thought Bob would just use his fingers to pull the bullets out.😃

4 hours ago, dabob said:

I thought Bob would just use his fingers to pull the bullets out.😃

My fat sausage fingers can only grip .30cal and larger 😛

On 4/19/2020 at 6:44 PM, Bisley said:

Yeah, this "social distancing" crap has gone too far. Yesterday morning the mallet on my bullet puller decided to "distance" itself from me :014:

2020-04-18_09-48-42

I like the Hornady puller so much better than those hammer type pullers.  I am amazed at how well they pull 45 ACP when there is so little of the flat sizes of the bullets sticking up past the case.

https://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/case-preparation/bullet-pullers/cam-lock-puller-prod34718.aspx

You do need a collet for each size bullet caliber you shoot with that puller.

I have considered picking one of those up, but my only concern was knowing if you can reuse the bullets. I'm not worried about precision shooting with them after pulling, minute of rabbit or maybe coyote. At a buck a bullet sometimes it's kind of a requirement for my cheap arse 😇. Are you able to reuse them with that setup?

Hey Bob, I have a Hornady Cam Lock Bullet Puller.  It doesn't damage bullets like some pullers do.  I bought one because I hated banging my RCBS bullet puller on the concrete.  I stuff paper towling in the RCBS to stop from denting the bullets but it made getting the powder all out difficult.  The Hornady puller makes emptying the case much easier.  The Hornady is quicker to use too.

Thanks John, I will be ordering one. We must share the same brain, the second bullet I ever pulled had a piece of paper under it for the exact same reason. I know they say you are supposed to hit on wood, and that works for 100gr+ bullets, but if you've ever tried to pull a deep seated 35gr copper bullet then concrete is your friend.