Sign in to follow this  
Desert Fox

Shooting my 50 BMG for the first time.

Went to my favorite spot south of Vegas strip to shoot the 50 for the first time. I just bore sighted the rifle using the Leupold Zero Point but really have no idea where my zero was gonna be. Anyway got to my favorite shooting spot and someone was there before us and left a piece of steel target at exactly 380 yards. It only took me 3 shot to hit it. The ballistic of the 660 grain Federal Golden Eagle state that I need 3 MOA for a 380 yards shot. I dialed my scope accordingly and the first shot was high. I centered the target on the 2nd shot and I was low. For the 3rd shot, I dialed 1 MOA and I hit the target. Not bad considering that the rifle was never zeroed. Anyway I only fired a total of 6 rounds since it was getting late in the afternoon. I need to shoot a match ammo to really see how this rifle will performed at extended ranges. Here's the video of the shoot.

11 hours ago, Shoot-it said:

Just go out in the desert here and shoot nobody will know..

I don't want to take chances man. I will be moving out of state anyway in a year or two. Better be safe.