Sign in to follow this  
Plumas

Scope for 17HMR

New T-Bolt  waiting for optics. Did a forum search for BSA Sweet 17 scope reviews but nothing came up. I realize this is not the top end model, got a Vortex on the 223 and love it but simply cannot justify the cost for a 150 yard max shot rifle. I spied this BSA scope with the range compensating turret for 17HMR and wonder if any of you have hands-on experience with this type of turret or brand?

There are 2 models...one with the parallax adjusting side turret and a less expensive model with an adjusting objective lens. I'm personally unfamiliar with this and wonder how robust one style is against the other? I suppose that the glass may be better quality on the side turret adjusting model as well as the price is significantly more but need real world opinions. Any BSA Sweet 17 owners out there willing assist?

Run away from the BSA. For a great price try this. I bought one a couple months ago for my new 17hmr but ended up putting it on the .264LBC instead. I've never been a huge fan of illuminated reticles or exposed turrets, but the turrets are solid and the kind that have to be lifted to adjust. The illuminated reticle ended up being nice for night hunting with the .264. It's decent glass in a 30mm tube, and although I've had no problems, Primary Arms is lifetime warrantied and well known for super fast shipping and excellent customer service. I just bought another one last week (couldn't pass up a $100 refurbished) for the new .458 SOCOM.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-16x44-illuminated-mil-dot-scope-pa416x

1 hour ago, Shoot-it said:

Oh come on they are great scopes so it gets blurry when you turn up the power.

Sounds like me at the bar in the old days 😂

The one that keeps surprising the Hell out of me is that 3-9x Redfield on your Tikka! I just wish it had a little more magnification. Certainly great for coyotes, but them squirrels are a little small for my blind eyes lol.

Well, I've heard enough to hit the brakes on the BSA...thanks fella's.

Next on the list is a Bushnell 4-12 Dawn and Dusk , if that goes awry then it's back to Vortex for me.

21 hours ago, Bisley said:

Sounds like me at the bar in the old days 😂

The one that keeps surprising the Hell out of me is that 3-9x Redfield on your Tikka! I just wish it had a little more magnification. Certainly great for coyotes, but them squirrels are a little small for my blind eyes lol.

I agree I liked that primary arms 4x16  you had on one of your Ar's you build so many I lost track which one it was..