Sign in to follow this  
Fjold

I bought a new truck

Earlier this year Wifezilla decided that we needed a camping trailer so we could take the dogs camping.  I bought a small 18', single axle trailer and then fixed up the 2004 GMC Z-71 4x4 (5.3 L engine) with 150,000 miles on it, with new tires, battery, hoses, belts, sparkplugs, etc. Pulling the grade over to the coast the truck wouldn't hold 50 MPH with the <4,000 Lbs trailer but it was OK.

Last month the instrument cluster in the GMC went out and it was $500 to fix that, then last week my remote door openers quit working, the shop says that it's a computer problem and could be $1,500, then the A/C compressor decided that it won't turn off, one of the switches is bad but the shop doesn't know which one, one is $250 and the other is $300, then, last Saturday I noticed an oil spot on the driveway and it's right at the transmission/engine joint so it looks like a rear main seal, (my mechanic says $1,500). I was looking at spending between $3,000 and $4,000 in repairs on a 14 year old truck so I decided to trade it in on a new 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi. I go from 300 Ft-Lbs of torque to 410 ft-lbs and get better gas mileage to boot.

Uee3QGI.jpg?1 

Congratulations on your new truck Frank!

I bought one about 6 weeks ago. I ran out of windshield wiper fluid in my Toyota and had to make a decision. LOL

45806204434_dccc9a9466_c.jpgIMG_0364 by Robert Morris, on Flickr

It has way more power and gets better mileage than my Toyota Tundra did.

I just drove a little over 600 miles from Williams Ca down to my house and then over to Thousand Oaks and back to my house. It averaged 19.8 miles per gallon over those 600+ miles. From Williams to Lost Hills the cruise control was set on 75 to 81 mph.