Sign in to follow this  
Braz

Bought a new to me rifle

Ok heres the deal. Years sgo the very first rifle i ever purchased for mysrlf was a remington 700, ADL, in 30/06 caliber. Had I believe at the end a redfield, 3x9 wide field scope. Put the scope on about 1980. In sbout 83 or 84,i just dont remember it was stolen. I have wanted to replace it ever since. Havent as i never found the right one at the right price or didnt hsve the money at the time. Well, i just happened to find one todsy. Same rifle but had a leupold 3x9 in weaver mounts. Gor it for $450 total. In really nice shape bright bore not a scratch on the metal anywhere nor on the stock. Im tickled. What do you think. Did i do alright? I didnt have my blue book . It got burned in the fire. One more thing to replace. 

You had the money for it and it's what you wanted.  Fair price or not, it was a sweet deal for you.  Congrats on the new toy.

They are beautiful rifles. I now have my dad's 80's vintage rifle, an exact clone too yours. Be sure and check the serial number for the trigger recall!! Many will claim BS but I have an uncle who he and all three kids watched it go off on its own. Luckily mine was not in the recall.

Can't beat a classic. As a matter of fact that was my first 'big' rifle as well, same scope too. Still own it and take it out to rub the real walnut every now and then.

In maybe a year my brother is giving me my dads rifle. He got it from the estate. Its a remington 721 in 30/06.has killed a lot of deer. My dad bought it in the 50’s i believe it was. Brother is also giving me his 308. I dont know what kind it is. Was his hunting rifle his whole life. Has killed lots of deer, antelope snd elk. But he dosnt hunt any more. Wanted to know if i wanted it. I said absolutely! He lives in seattle. When he come thru this winter hopefully he will be brinning them. Im thinking ill put a new stock on dads snd msybe even get it reblued. Just to make it look good again. Has no collector value so it wont really hurt the value. And i wouldnt care anyway. Too old to worry about things like that.