Sign in to follow this  
seebass

Pattern test

Pattern testing partially done.  My choke wrench bent so I was only able to pattern one choke.  I took 3 shots with my Modified choke at a 10” plate/circle at 40 yards.  I got 15, 19 and 16 hits out of the 3.  I only have the single BB at the end if my barrel, if I mount a cheap optic I’m sure I can get better results.

HW13 is impressive in the damage done to the pallet I shot!!! I recovered 2 BB’s and they still looked BRAND new!! No deformation at all! 

30476931567_64f72b4a04_b.jpg

43600001890_7c1477a9f2_b.jpg

43600001240_896b993ccc_b.jpg44692616034_4b0c92b47d_b.jpg43600000900_3ba095ccbe_b.jpg

24 minutes ago, Shoot-it said:

A quarter works great for taking off tubes .

I've actually done it with the rim of the base from another shell. Not my preferred method, but damned if I'm gonna be shown up by an inanimate object.............again. If it's an extended choke tube sometimes you can get a key to fit across the slots.

Get the feeling I've forgot mine too once or twice?

31566113298_6633c2fc29_b.jpg

Old school dimple style.  The wrench in the picture is what bent.  I just used a pair of pliers and a rag to loosen it when I got home. 

15+ hits is good enough for now.  I’ll just stay with the Modified untill I can test again.  

Oh wow, a spanner wrench! Definitely old school. Haven't seen that on a choke tube since I changed the choke in my grandpa's (now mine) old Winchester 1400. Definitely Vise-Grip time lol. 

Want to really be impressed, take a hammer to that stuff. It will still look pretty much unscathed. Unbelievable  how hard it is!

Get a extended IMP/Mod choke, it should tighten up your pattern a little.

I have had good luck with the Carlson's extended blued Sporting Clays chokes. They are rated for steel and tungsten shot.

Those hard HW13 BB pellets break coyote bones very easily and quite often.