Sign in to follow this  
Bisley

New (To Me) Caliber

I have always been a die hard .22mag fan but because of the lack of quality, or rather accuracy, of the lead free I was kind of forced into the .17hmr world.  I know they tend to shoot very well with the lead free. I also had the chance a while back to shoot a friend's and was very surprised by it. It took a long time but I finally pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a Savage 93R17FV. It is the synthetic stock heavy barrel model. I couldn't pass it up when I found one brand new for a steal at under $200. The only thing I don't like about it is the low butt stock for a cheek weld. Luckily I had an adjustable cheek riser available from a Stevens .223 I ended up putting a Boyd's thumbhole stock on. So all I had to do was put on the Primary Arms 4-16x44 scope on it this last Monday when I picked it up. The wind kept me from too much shooting today. It also kept me from hunting unfortunately :504:. But I did get a little done out around 70 yards and it showed terrific potential, and in 10-20mph winds and with lead free to boot! 

2018-10-06_06-35-55

2018-10-06_06-36-32

I didn't like that drop in the stock either but I got use to it since it was just a squirrel rifle.Looks like your set with the tnt green ! nice sand bag I have one just like it ...lol