Sign in to follow this  
Braz

Best ammo to purchase for deer hunting for 25/06.

I have a lady friend that will be hunting with me this year. She has a 25/06. Hasn't shot it in 15 years. Use to hunt with her ex. He reloaded everything but all his records are gone and he is passed away. She has no ammo left available to her. So i want to buy ammo and have her sight rifle in to ammo. I'm not familiar with that caliber so need help in deciding what to purchase. Thanks all.

Do not know about a 35-06 but I have a lot of data for a 25-06 :) over my Chrono and for accuracy

If factory ammo I would get ammo loaded with 100gr Nosler PAR or 100gr Swift A-Frames or Scirocco bullets.

If hunting in a no-lead zone I would load 80gr Barnes TTSX or buy the factory Barnes ammo with the same bullet.

Depending on what you want/need I could help you out with it since you treated me so well when I needed it. I have not killed anything with your call yet but now that my dad has passed on I will have more time for myself. I hope to get to hunt more.

PM me if you want data or ammo

8 hours ago, Divernhunter said:

Do not know about a 35-06 but I have a lot of data for a 25-06 :) over my Chrono and for accuracy

If factory ammo I would get ammo loaded with 100gr Nosler PAR or 100gr Swift A-Frames or Scirocco bullets.

If hunting in a no-lead zone I would load 80gr Barnes TTSX or buy the factory Barnes ammo with the same bullet.

Depending on what you want/need I could help you out with it since you treated me so well when I needed it. I have not killed anything with your call yet but now that my dad has passed on I will have more time for myself. I hope to get to hunt more.

PM me if you want data or ammo

Sorry to hear about your Dad doug.

25-06 is like my 260 not a common ammo to find on a shelf anymore at least where I am looking .

Thank you Johnny. He had a long(almost 92) and full life. 

I really do not know about factory ammo because I never buy any. Braz is a good guy so if I can help him I will.

Im not really in position to reload. Some of my reloading stuff i had taken to my winter house in redding planning on setting up a bench down there. But house and garage where stuff was stored is toast. Have not even be3n able to get in yet. Thst eill happen sunday. That why the need for factory ammo. Thanks for the replys guys its appreciated.