Sign in to follow this  
Desert Fox

New Project in the works

John, I'm building a dedicated rifle for Extreme Long Range Competition (ELR). The action is the Stiller TAC-408 and it will be chambered for 375 Cheytac. I will use the 353 grain Lehigh Match Solid exclusively. I'm sending the rifle to K&P in South Dakota and have Ken Johnson install one of his match grade barrel. Hoping the rifle and shooter will be ready for next year King of 2 Miles and World Longest Shot Challenge. 

Way out of my league sir...beyond my comprehension to boot!  Cool photos... a 352 grain bullet goes how fast to reach out two miles I wonder?

Rob, My 338 Lapua in the picture weighs about that. This rifle will be around 40 lbs when I'm done with it.

High quality look to it.

Ok I'll expose my ignorance....why the step down in diameter at the muzzle, does not appear to be threaded?

You are right. The rifle is still to be chambered. The barrel is 1.45" and tapered to 1.25" to match the muzzle brake.

Rommel,

Why not just taper it along the length?   It shouldn't remove that much weight. 

I was over in Henderson a couple of weeks ago, my company was bidding on a power plant operating contract there and I had to go over there as part of the team.

Kind of weird the way KP made this barrel. I decided for a 34" finished length and the barrel came like that. That part has to be cut and threaded for muzzle brake so it doesn't really matter. I was there for a week at the beginning of the month. You should call me next time you're in the area. I'm there at least once a month, mostly on weekend.