Sign in to follow this  
Desert Fox

Lab Radar

Time to retire my Pact Professional Chronograph. It served me well but the technology is now obsolete. I will test this bad boy this weekend and compare the reading with my old Pact.

IMG_2890_zps5l3kawyg.jpg

Glad to hear that John. No more back and forth in front of the rifle trying to line up the optical sensor and sky screen.. This Lab Radar is so user friendly and easy to set up. It can track bullet and record velocity drop up to 100 yards which is very useful when tweaking your bullet BC.

Well, I went to the range this morning to do some shooting and at the same time, test the new Lab Radar. It was still dark when I got to the range and was bit foggy. The temperature hovered around 40 degrees. In this condition, my old Pact would be useless since there was not enough light for the optical sensor to function. Not so with Lab Radar. All I did was line the radar to the target and start shooting. This thing work like a charm and worth every penny. I was shooting my 6 BR and 6.5-47 Lapua. I heard from some Lab Radar owner experiencing error when Chronographing smaller caliber cartridge. I didn't have that problem with mine. I really like this chronograph.

Here's picture from this morning shoot.

IMG_2895_zpsqg5zogte.jpg

IMG_2899_zps7jfnjldx.jpg

IMG_2898_zpsdbousc1k.jpg

IMG_2900_zpsqirrqdbo.jpg

I'm experimenting using 87 grain V-Max with my 6BR. I thought 8 twist will be too fast for this bullet but turned out I was wrong. It's a tad slower than my 6MM Remington load but with 32.5 grain of Varget, the bullet will do 3075 fps. I think I can easily get another 50 to 75 fps more with careful hand loading.