Sign in to follow this  
lif2fsh

pyraimd

Used to take that rope sparkies use to pull line with and tie it to my float tube and the bumper of the truck and go out fishing there. The winds can get pretty good out on that pond and I have had to rope myself back to shore a couple of times .I tried that ladder fishing there also but had better luck out on the tube.

The boat was good with the downriggers going but not the same as flyfishing for those cuts.

A 5 weight is my go to also. Good all around rod for trout and warmwater fish. Only thing I have found in Nevada you need anything bigger was for Northern Pike and I like my 8 for that.I have caught Pike on my 5 but those bigger ones ,30-40 inchers, stress the 5 too much. And they can pull you around if your in a tube.Heck, I have even had them move me around on my pontoon also.That 8 also is good for larger carp which are pretty good fighters . All toooo much fun!

We have a so called "trophy" waters here where I am at now in Tennessee but what they think are trophy fish are just decent sized trout for Nevada. You know those 16-18 inchers.  Go figure.