Sign in to follow this  
BigRagu

What happened to this forum?

Hi, everyone. I’ve recently purchased a synthetic marauder in 25cal. Along with ownership comes a lot of reading, as part of research and learning about these PCP’s. I’ve spent the last few evenings going way back to the first posts on here, and what seemed like a very happening forum just slowly died off. No one has posted in awhile. Seems the ones that used to frequent a lot don’t anymore. I am curious to know what has happened to the air rifle forum here on CPC. 

Is everyone okay? healthy? Maybe burnt out on air rifles? Maybe I jumped on this band wagon too late, lol?

you made a fine choice. I tried a few different pellets but never found any much better than the ones in the box! burnt out on air guns, probably never, started wearing out 760's in the seventy's.

have fun stephen

Use to post here a lot...but wife got ill and I have been her caregiver for past three years...she is doing fine now, but her physical therapy is on-going. She goes three times/week and soon I may renew my hunting license to get out again.

My favorite air rifles are two RWS 850's both converted to HPA in .177 and .22. I also have a Marauder .25 which has been just super.

So you have made a great choice in the Marauder.

ShooterJohn, you, Mr. CrazyHorse, and a few others seemed to dominate the air rifle forums. I enjoyed reading about all your doings- the FT matches, benchrest competitions, and others with their hunts. Sorry about your wife, and I hope she gets to as close to 100% as she can get.

my mother always told me as a child I was always a late bloomer- always got into things when the fad had come and gone 3 years earlier. This PCP thing is no different, lol. The last couple of years for me had been tough health wise. I am looking at a 5th major back surgery on February 28th. I haven’t been able to go to a rifle range, which I love doing, cause hauling all the stuff required takes it toll. So, I busted out my air rifles. I’ve learned how to rebuild my spring Pistons. I rebuild my Beeman FWB 124 and Beeman R10 with all new springs and seals. My Beeman RX1 is always okay it seems, so I left that alone. Then I got a second gas ram in the Benjamin nitro piston in 22 cal two years ago. Man, I recently learned that thing only puts out about 650fps(just picked up a Chrony). I for sure thought that thing was at least in the 800’s. 

Then i I got the marauder. Man, I love that thing. Within the first month of ownership I completely swapped in the guts and regulated it with a hillairgun.com premium regulator kit. In 25 cal. I can get a consistent 32 shots in the 865 FPS average. When before, just like it was advertized at, I could only get 16 good shots and it would be time to air up again. 

Curious to know if anyone has used a 25 marauder on a yote, as I have them all around me where I live. 

Throughout this forum, I’ve read folks say these PCP’s are an addicting hobby, and they are so right. I’m currently looking at that FX Boss in 30 cal. But man, those are out of my wallets range right now. Nice to look at for sure, and watch all the videos on that rifle. 

On 1/31/2018 at 7:19 AM, stephen722 said:

mine killed a coyote, all though I would of grabbed a powder burner first, but the marauder is all I had

What was the distance to the kill, pellet type, and placement of the shot? 

it was about 40 yards, head shot, went clear through. Benjamin domed, I think their 27 grains. they come in the box

have fun stephen

Thank you, Stephen

Just picked up a nice carbon fiber tank and hope to get the AA410c back out and shooting soon it's been about 3 years . Been shooting powder burner mostly as of late