Sign in to follow this  
Shoot-it

Non lead for coyotes ?

If I read it right non lead most be used for none game and" dove quail and snipe" is the only ones exempt correct ?? until 2019 then all is non lead..

I don’t know when the cutoff is , but you can get better shotgun performance with Heavy shot on coyotes. Double your effective range. And as long as the shot is wrapped your barrel won’t suffer.

Bisley bob loaded up some heavy weight 2 for me to try out.

I must have forgot about it or something got confused but I will go shoot up this lead buckshot.

The regulations of 2016 has it up above on this forum where sj posted it..

(2) Effective July 1, 2016, it shall be unlawful to use, or possess with any shotgun capable of firing, any projectile(s) not certified as nonlead as described in subsection (b)(3) when taking:

• (A) Upland game birds as included in Fish and Game Code Section 3683, except for dove, quail, snipe, and any game birds taken under the authority of a licensed game bird club as provided for in sections 600 and 600.4 of these regulations;
  • (B) Resident small game mammals as defined in Section 257 of these regulations;
  • (C) Fur-bearing mammals as defined by Fish and Game Code Section 4000;
  • (D) Nongame mammals as defined by Fish and Game Code Section 4150;
  • (E) Nongame birds as defined by Fish and Game Code Section 3800; or
  • (F) Any wildlife for depredation purposes, regardless of whether the take is authorized by a permit issued pursuant to sections 401 or 402 of 

Another great factory round that I had great luck with is heavyshot geese loads in B shot. They are a round pellet unlike the t dead coyote shot that looks like welding slag. 

On 1/16/2018 at 6:19 AM, ehd said:

Another great factory round that I had great luck with is heavyshot geese loads in B shot. They are a round pellet unlike the t dead coyote shot that looks like welding slag. 

thanks I will look into that.