Sign in to follow this  
BigRagu

Underhood shop light you will all want

Hey, all. Thought I'd share on a recent find of mine, and I love this thing so much I feel the need to preach its usefulness to all. I recently discovered this company online called Eastwood.com cause I bought their pro brake line flaring tool to redo some brake lines on my Dodge firstgen diesel. While cruising thru Eastwood' site I saw these underhood work lights, that clamp onto the underside of your hood. It is fully rechargeable, and lasts 1.5 hours on high, and up to 3 hours on low. I eventually bought 3 of these things and gave one out as a gift. 

Ive been reading some of you all's posts, and have seen some complaints about working in the dark. These lights are on sale, and if your patient and target the major holidays you may get free shipping, like I did on the last two purchases.

I've seen the corded models like these on Amazon, but they cost way more, and do not have the rotational feature of rotating the lights 180 degrees to point your light like Eastwood's lights do.

I've just recently started back on this forum, and have yet to post up a pic. So I'm gonna give it a try. 

Well, the old method of loading pics didn't help. I am a rookie in posting links, so just go on to Eastwood.com, and look under shop equipment, then onto lighting. They have a video clip on the use of the light. Maybe someone with more saavy on loading vids could post it up. 

I sure wish I had known about these lights earlier on, as I see the clamping feature as a huge benefit if you crawl attics much. It can stretch out and clamp onto the roof rafters and totally light up the work area. These lights fold up in half, making it so easy to throw behind the truck seat for emergency lighting needs. Comes with both a 120v and 12v charger as well, and can be run full power when plugged in.

Thank you

Thanks, Bennie!