Cranky Farmer

Record keeping for your load development

13 posts in this topic

Chicken scratch in a notebook, then I record complete load data and rifle used on each target for testing. If I want to go back and look at old targets, I have everything written down.

Same as Stiff Neck.... However, I also keep a seperate running log of all my loads... by caliber, then by powder & charge with a rating remarks next to it... Gives me one quick reference sheet.Frank

I have the notebook that goes to the range with me and then I enter the data into an Excell spreadsheet if it warrants further development or I want to track it further.

I do it very similar to Stiff Neck. I write everything down and then record that information on the target which I keep in three ring binders. A couple of years back I started scanning the targets too and saving them to CD for faster recall when looking up information.

I bought a hardback binder from Thrifty's a long time ago to use as a reloading log, it's getting a little haggard but I'm still using it. Usually I just write down the recipe and some notes (temp, stiff bolt lift, accurate, etc), When I'm using the chronograph I'll jot down the velocity's. It's nice to go back thru. It also reminds you how fast time goes by, I've got some stuff in there from 84', didn't seem too long ago when I wrote it in there lol.

Chicken scratch in notebook and/or on targets at range. Then transfer everything to Excell spreadsheet at home. Record loads, groups, primers, velocity, bullets, temp. Don't get everything on every range trip but, I do have a lot of data over the years. :signlol2iu:

I use a Shooter's Notebook that Midway used to sell. they may still sell it, haven't checked. It's real handy. It is a 3 ring binder with all sorts of different logs you can use to write down load and target information. It also has a whole bunch of targets that fit right into the binder, they are standard paper size but they work real well. Besides, who needs a target bigger than 1 MOA anyway, right? :smiley_kewlpics:

ha ha, very funny Rod. :drinks: hey, just because the gun shoots doesn't mean I can. :tease: I think I need a do-over.