Sign in to follow this  
KNOCKED UP

Is it worth it?

I have a benjamin Regal 22 cal. air rifle,

The scope is the stock scope, but it is very blurry,

Is the rifle worth putting a decent scope on it?

If so, what is a decent scope for this rifle.

Not to expensive.

Tom

A friend of mine has a similar rifle from Crosman...still shooting good. I believe yours was sold through Big Five with a Centerpoint mounted..,

As scopes go, I would get a cheap Leapers but make sure to use the stop pin into your scope rail.provided with your scope rings...Another tip is before you junk that original scope out  check the adjustment at the "eye" end (Ocular lens),...you may have that out of focus......

Diopter adjustment provides additional focus adjustment to adapt the scope to your eyesight.

..there usually is a + - adjustment to compensate for your eyesight. Some have a locking ring...???

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Leapers_UTG_3_9x32_AO_Rifle_Scope_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_3_8_Rings/4627

Mine is shot, The o ring is bulging out.

Absolute junk.

I see several nice scopes om Amazon under $100, and some under $150

Maybe I will Get one of those and a good air rifle, I know better than buying cheap stuff, Don't know why I even bought it.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD air rifle?

Tom

I only have two break barrel air rifles...Beeman R9 .20 cal and a Stoeger X20 Suppressor. The R9 cost $560 in 2008. Has been very reliable and accurate with no issues.

The X20 I got last year for $129....other than a funky 5 lb trigger, it has been accurate and reliable with no issues...

I would recommend reading up on air rifle reviews. There is good info on break barrels at Straight Shooters site...they provide in depth data on how various pellets perform in all their air rifles..

Check out the R7 and RWS 34 for starters...

I purchased an inexpensive Crosman Quest 1000X with scope from Big5 that shot like crap. I decided to take it apart, degrease, remove all burrs, recrown the barrel, lubricate, modify trigger and reassemble. This minor work really smoothed it out and improved accuracy greatly. I've owned a FWB124, R1's, RX1, RWS 48, BSA Goldstar, AA Prosport, AA TX200HC and this inexpensive air rifle is the only springer I still own.