airman

Imr 4064

7 posts in this topic

Anyone using this powder? I just picked up some and haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. I'll load it for 30.06 165's

I use it for my 1939 Russian Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R. Pretty close to a 30-06, same difference. I'm pushing 180gr Sierra SPs with 47.0gr IMR4064. Shoots unbelievably well! It's the only bullet/powder I've tried, no need to try anything else, it really shoots that well. I posted my results back last summer with pics.

I use it in the 308 with 165s, my 375 H&H with 300s and my 243 with 70-100 grain bullets. It is my "go to" powder for non-magnum rifle cartridges and the one that I will try first in new loads. (Non-magnums classification applies to the 375 because it has such a large bore in relative to it's case size that it acts more like a non-magnum carridge)

right on thanks for the info guy's. I just bought it on a whim, and hoped it was a good powder. I'm going out tomorrow to try out some rounds i loaded up last night.

I use it in my 22.250 (.40gn Vmax) and my 300 WSM ( 110 grn Vmax). I really like the powder and the good news is , so do my rifles!!

I use it in my old 81 remington automatic in .300 savage with 150gr hornady boat tail interlocks. It's the most accurate iron sighted rifle/load combo I own.

I use it in22-250AI.............However there is a new powder on the scean that has a similar buring rate but short cut stuff. IMR 4007.I'll soon be experimeanting with that.