Rob

Lead Free 22 LR - Not looking good

22%20Lead%20Free_zpsfgtwkgot.jpg

We all seen 22LR go from $19 per brick up to $45....now look at the lead free alternative...(only one)    $98 per brick of this stuff.

Time to break out the PCP air rifles :)

10 hours ago, Yateswell said:

High end PCP air rifle is not cheap, but still cheaper than shooting this non sense bs lead free stuff

I have a Benjamin Bulldog .357 and Marauder .25 and love them both.  Initial rifle price isn't too bad but you can still use lead and it's cheap. 

In your feel good state I bet you money ,marbles or chalk that it won't be long til they tell you not to shoot lead out of those airguns. If it has to do with any kind of gun or hunting your state seems to think that it is evil and civilised people don't do those things. afterall, you can go buy your meat in stores where no animal was harmed.LOL. But just wait.As screwed up and brainwashed as people are in Commifornia it won't be long.

11 hours ago, NVWalt said:

In your feel good state I bet you money ,marbles or chalk that it won't be long til they tell you not to shoot lead out of those airguns. If it has to do with any kind of gun or hunting your state seems to think that it is evil and civilised people don't do those things. afterall, you can go buy your meat in stores where no animal was harmed.LOL. But just wait.As screwed up and brainwashed as people are in Commifornia it won't be long.

Hopefully not until after 2019, as that is my PCS transfer date :)  Unfortunitely copper rounds out of big bore air rifles are ineffective.  Putting a lead ban on Air Rifles would totally kill huntingb with them unless someone designs a non-lead composite round.    

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Hopefully not until after 2019, as that is my PCS transfer date :)  Unfortunitely copper rounds out of big bore air rifles are ineffective.  Putting a lead ban on Air Rifles would totally kill huntingb with them unless someone designs a non-lead composite round.    

Wake up and smell the coffee...do you think Gavin,  the self appointed Prince of Sacto and his Wonder Woman Kamilla the Queen of Ball,  is ever going to design anything to preserve hunting in California...dream on...dream on...

Sorry to be so negative and a buzz kill for sure....:popcorn:

When we are the minority the reality is that there is damn little we can do. Which is kind of ironic because WE have all the weapons :doh[1]:

Bob...you are reading my simple mind from a distance.  We do have to be very careful how we describe our dissatisfaction with elected officials....

men-in-black_zpsyboyqqfc.jpg

What do people hunt with .22lr nowadays anyway? Everything I've heard is everyone is just using bigger calibers because the round is so slow? It's kind of being replaced by .17 hmr in my opinion

CCI Ammunition 17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (HMR) 16 Grain Speer TNT Green Hollow Point Lead-Free is .30 per round...22LR was a choice when it was .07-.09 per round.  This round price isn't a plunking round price by any measure.  Hey Bob...did those guys lie to us again about having replacement ammo - nonlead versions that would be useful and not priced over the moon.  I can reload my 22-250 for less.

Is it time to sell all the 22LRs rifles and handguns and the 17HRMs and call it a day?

On 6/12/2017 at 4:09 PM, Bisley said:

Time to open up a "Democrat season" :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Being new to California I don't know who Gavin, Sacto and Kamilla are but I can tell you #HuntRepublicans is out there. 

#HuntRepublicans

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Hey Bob...did those guys lie to us again about having replacement ammo - nonlead versions that would be useful and not priced over the moon.  I can reload my 22-250 for less.

Do you really want me to get started.......again???

I know, it wasn't meant as a joke when I said you could load a .22-250 for damn near the same! Not to mention the piss poor results of the .22lr crap. How many years later and the bigger game bullets are STILL twice the price at least! :1019: But that's Ok, just knowing they have new owners makes it soooo much easier to fork out the added expense :rolleyes: 

Thank your fellow shooters and CPC members for showing the state it is Ok to screw us to death because we are so ignorant we will get the shaft and still say thank you, can I buy some more? 

Update:

Last weekend I found CCI copper .22 for $10 for 50 at the local Big 5.  I had checked online and although you could find it cheaper by the time you pay shipping costs it was cheaper to buy at Big 5.   Looking forward to trying it out at a bunny spot I found before the drought.  Should be loaded.