Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calipackerfan

My New .25 SynRod

7 posts in this topic

So I just got my new Syn-rod and I am shocked in how accurate it is. I am shooting quarter sized groups at 50 yards no problem with H&N barracuda 31 grain domes. I honestly believe that I can get it down to nickel sized groups because when I took it out to sight in I was resting my gun on my car door sitting inside my vehicle. All I did to my gun was clean the barrel and adjusted the barrel band making sure it was center. I'm very pleased with this gun. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention I only tested 3 types of pellets and they were all grouping well ( Polymags,Baracudas,& JSB exact Kings). So far its not being a picky gun what so ever.

Are you using a scope; if so what kind. Within 50 yards I like iron sights : but small rats require a scope. I am a rat killer. If they come on my property they get killed. All my other creatures are safe. I use 177 pellets with a hard red top. 

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your new Benjamin.  I have a .25 Marauder and .357 Bulldog.  Both are tack drivers.  JSB's are the most accurate in mine.  

I need to test the jsb exact kings that I have cause all I shot was a 5 shot group just to get an idea of how they shot and they grouped very tightly as well. I just kinda fell in love with how the barracudas shot but the jsb might be able to be better I'm not sure yet, so far it shot everything I fed it better than any air rifle ive ever shot at 50yards. After I do more testing I will let you know.

JSB patterned better in my rifle than the H&Ns but try them all.