PigHostile1

CA AR's question

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, 

I'm curious what is the difference between the newer AR receivers compare to the older receivers?. I'm looking to find a AR10 receiver soon.

So I bought a AR10 (bare upper and lower) last year to throw together.  Form what I have found, there are 3 variations.  DPMS Gen 1 (aka high profile), DPMS Gen 2 (aka low profile) and Armalite.  Armalite will only work with their receivers, if you go with a 80% lower, I believe you want to go with a DMPS Gen2.  Talk to manufactures of what you have before mixing and matching.  Mine is Gen1 which sucks, and is limiting me in handguards, as Gen1 stuff is hard to find.  To get everything to fit correctly, and lining up, the lower profile Gen2 is the way to go.  

On 4/3/2017 at 6:18 PM, novaman64 said:

So I bought a AR10 (bare upper and lower) last year to throw together.  Form what I have found, there are 3 variations.  DPMS Gen 1 (aka high profile), DPMS Gen 2 (aka low profile) and Armalite.  Armalite will only work with their receivers, if you go with a 80% lower, I believe you want to go with a DMPS Gen2.  Talk to manufactures of what you have before mixing and matching.  Mine is Gen1 which sucks, and is limiting me in handguards, as Gen1 stuff is hard to find.  To get everything to fit correctly, and lining up, the lower profile Gen2 is the way to go.  

nice...good advise before I purchase my gun. I'm thinking about getting in July as a bday gift for myself. hahaha