fishingjim

nitrogen?

I understand that its OK to use nitrogen in your pcp. Having a hard time getting this small tank filled, thought I might look into a welding supplier I use, Is there any harmful effects using nitrogen?  Placerville  meet this weakened.         Thanks Fishingjim

You can but a lot of PCPs have been damaged because it typically comes  in a 6000 psi fill and they overfill it quickly depending on the valve. A few also mixed the nitrogen up with pure O2 (same supplier) and you can guess what happened.

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/01/can-nitrogen-be-used-in-pcps/

Thanks Brant, guess I will stick with air. Tried calling Pyramid about the tank they sold me, so far have not returned my call. Thanks again Fishingjim

Good luck. I fill my SCBA tanks to 4500 psi with my compressor and I have to be careful filling the guns. The dedicated PCP tanks tend to have slower fill valves that are safer.

Nitrogen is an inert gas.

Have you tried a paint ball shop.??? They can fill your small tank with air  ,but do not do scuba, I believe...I fill both my small tanks at velocity Paintball in San Diego.

The compressors have become pretty reasonable and used ones are available. Its sure nice to have unlimited air. I have two SCBA 44 cu ft. tanks. I used to get the fire stations to fill them close by. The same captain ran three near me and any would fill it. I kept them greased with Krispy Kreme donuts back then.

Love to get my own compressor, but got to get rid of a boat first, wife thinks 3 is to many.If I get a bit flush where do I look for a used comp? I live in the country 1 mile from a Fire station and the captain sends his tanks out to refill. I think we have paintball out here just haven't looked enough yet, Had some nasty weather lately, been busy tying things down.

Thanks guys for your help. Fishingjim