Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bzzrd feedr

Iquanas in Puerto Rico

10 posts in this topic

I just read an article in the NRA Magazine about Air gunning Iquana's in P.R. They have some strict gun laws that no firearms are allowed. Looked like a kick shooting 6 foot long lizards out of the trees with a big bore Air Rifle. They are a huge problem down there causing millions of dollars in damage. Going to have to get me an air rifle.  ;-) and figure it out. Puerto Rico here I come.

You better kill them dead, or they will bite you.

Tom

I read about that in an article several years back.  Apparently they reproduce faster than they can kill them.

Yea John there were articles I think in Outdoor Life and Field and Stream a while back. Kinda like the Doves in Argentina. Sounds like a opportunity to shoot live targets while helping out the farmers. They do say that if you don't shoot them in the brain they can get sort of mean when they hit the ground. 6 foot pissed off lizard with a nasty/dangerous tail.  

my friend runs a guide service down in PR and he was saying he makes all his guys wear helmets. Guess they fall out of the trees and knock people out..lol Airguns are really the only means of hunting there,does look interesting but not my thing. They hunt monkeys too I guess.

please provide contact information. PM is fine

12 hours ago, ShooterJohn said:

I read about that in an article several years back.  Apparently they reproduce faster than they can kill them.

Sounds like a challenge to me :lol:

Might be exciting.....knowing you might get attacked.....but $450/day is a bit much including PCP rental...

I spent nine days fishing for peacock bass in Brazil for $444/day including air fare/meals , accomodations, fishing gear,  guide & boat..